Adequate Intake (AI) for vitamin E :
– adults : 13mg/day for men and 11mg/day for women ;
– children aged 1 to <3 years : 6 mg/day for both sexes ;
– children aged 3 to <10 years : 9 mg/day for both sexes ;
– children aged 10 to < 18 years : 13 mg/day for boys and 11 mg/day for girls ;
– infants aged 7–11 months : 5 mg/day.
Adequate Intake (AI) for cobalamin :
- 4 μg/day for adults ;
- from 1.5 μg/day in infants aged 7–11 months to 4 μg/day in children aged 15–17 years ;
- For pregnancy and lactation, additional cobalamin intakes related to the accumulation of cobalamin in fetal tissues and transfer of cobalamin into breast milk are considered and AIs of 4.5 and 5 μg/day, respectively, are proposed.