« The purpose is to convene experts to discuss and debate the potential for maintaining cognitive function through dietary intake. This symposium will specifically focus on clinical aspects and novel strategies developed to determine whether diet and nutrients have efficacy in individuals affected by dementia and other neurodegenerative conditions.
Main themes to be addressed:
• Impact of nutrition on brain functions using neuroimaging technologies;
• Microbiome and immune status: impact on brain function;
• (Bio)markers of food intake and cognitive health;
• Sleep deprivation: effects on diet and cognitive performance;
• New methodologies applied to dementia and how nutrition could play a role. »