“The 8 principles of healthy and sustainable eating patterns
1. Eat a varied balanced diet to maintain a healthy body weight.
2. Eat more plant based foods, including at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
3. Value your food. Ask about where it comes from and how it is produced. Don’t waste it.
4. Choose fish sourced from sustainable stocks, taking seasonality and capture methods into consideration.
5. Moderate your meat consumption, and enjoy more peas, beans and pulses, tofu, nuts, and other plant sources of protein.
6. Include milk and dairy products in your diet and/or seek out plant based alternatives, including those that are fortified with additional vitamins and minerals.
7. Drink tap water.
8. Eat fewer foods high in fat, sugar and salt.”