The joint FAO/WHO Nutrition Decade Secretariat has developed the Mid-term Review Foresight paper, which will serve as the background paper for the consultation process. Reflecting on the broader development in nutrition globally, this paper develops a vision on actions to be taken in the different areas of the Work Programme of the Nutrition Decade, considering specific advances and opportunities in individual policy areas.
These action areas are:
1) Sustainable, resilient food systems for healthy diets
2) Aligned health systems providing universal coverage of essential nutrition actions
3) Social protection and nutrition education
4) Trade and investment for improved nutrition
5) Safe and supportive environments for nutrition at all ages
6) Strengthened governance and accountability for nutrition